metoo

by - Oktober 20, 2017

I’m pretty bad at shutting my mouth. And especially my mom knows that I got a strong opinion to nearly everything - but I still don’t know how to feel about this “metoo” hashtag. I don’t wanna use it officially in here. While I was reading some of the post here on my facebook I was like: “wow. who gave you such a shame for being the person you are? you’re still here, you might be struggling and you might be suffering - but you’ll also grow. no need to be depressed. change the game!”. So I kept on reading and I stumbled across the following: 

This is our riot act, 
our manifesto, 
our revolution: 
because the ones 
who did this know 
we are talking about 
their monstrous actions. 
It’s time for them 
to have the nightmares, 
for them to suffer 
for what happened, 
for them to fear being
named by the same
voices they silenced.

I hope they are 
forever haunted 
by these two words: 
“Me too”.

(Nikita Gill, Me Too)

And I think this sums up pretty perfect how the hashtag should be used and that everyone - either men or women should be strong and powerful. facing their fears and change the game. you are not other peoples actions.


You May Also Like

0 Kommentare